Monday, April 19, 2010

Walking alongside the Grieved

I'm continuing to blog a little bit out of order, but I wanted to address the recent tragedy our country has been dealing with before I backtrack and address other things that we still want to share about.
We been able to have many spiritual discussions with aquaintances and friends this past week in light of the great loss of life here in Poland. We have watched fellow Polish believers whose grief is doubled because they see their fellow countrymen who grieve in desperation, instead of with the hope of Christ. So much of this past week has been nationally focused on praying for those who lost their lives, because their belief system leaves them with NO security in death! They never know if they have done enough "good" to merit a place in heaven, even if you held a prestigious title here on Earth! It has been a good reminder of how thankful I am for the security and hope I have in Christ! Do you have this certainty? It is just as available to YOU !!! There is no greater title than "HIS"................I don't have to earn His love or His favor.......and even in death, I am secure !!! Thank you, Jesus !!!
Albert and I had a chance to be among the people this weekend during the funeral proceedings, since the former president and his wife were buried here in our city. Below are a few of the pictures we captured. It's hard to describe the emotions and feelings we observed, but we are thankful for the enormous outpouring of prayer over this nation! There is power in those prayers, and we pray that the Truths of His Word that we were able to share this week will sink deep into hearts and flourish into life-saving faith !!! Thank you for your contribution to His work this week as you've prayed !!!!



St. Mary's Church - site of the funeral ceremony


Big screens outside televising the proceedings


Memorial for the President and First Lady


Polish Flag with black ribbon for mourning


Funeral procession in Warsaw, projected on the screens in Krakow


Evidence of mourning.... seen everywhere!


Upward perspective of St. Mary's Church -- we look up in HOPE!!


On our way to our Polish church.......supporting our country!









No comments:

Post a Comment