Monday, October 25, 2010

Birthday Parties Galore !!!

In the past month, the kids have been to 3 birthday parties for Polish friends..............all at the same playplace !! I thought it would fun for you to see how well our kids blend with Polish kids.........they are not all that different.......until they open their mouths (ha ha). Although, their Polish accent is getting so good..........sometimes they blend in VERY well even in speech!!!




Actually, I have been accusing Kaleb of turning to the 'dark side' !!!
Let me explain..... In Polish, the word for 'yes' is 'tak'. The word for 'yea' (informal yes -- how do you spell that?) is 'Na'. 'Na' sounds very similar to 'no'. This has always been very difficult for me as an English speaker..........you just can't use 'no' when you mean 'yes'. It doesn't compute !!!! Well, as I was picking up Kaleb from school the other day, his friend asked him in Polish if it was time for him to go home............and Kaleb responded "Na, tak jest. Pa pa!"="yea, it is...bye!" I COULDN'T believe my little American boy had intentionally used a word that sounds like "no" for "yes"!!! He's becoming more Polish as the days go by !!!
I also want to share a God story with you...........in light of these b-day party pictures. For us, these pictures represent some of the 'family ministry' that God has brought to the Hesskews as a result of our kids. Although we are technically here doing sports ministry, God has shown us that He has plans for us to also invest in Polish families.............afterall, our kids are missionaries too. One of the boys in Kaleb's class, Kuba, has needed prayers lately. His home life is a little difficult right now b/c his mom is pregnant with another man's baby (her boss, not Kuba's dad). Unfortunately, Kuba has overheard some conversations at home about this baby and his Mom's desire to divorce his Dad. Szymon's mom (from the b-day pic above) and I have been praying for this family......and for Kuba. Szymon's mom is a believer, but needs to grow in her faith. She has been very burdened for this family......and has been searching for ways to get them help like counseling, new jobs, etc. Last week, Symon's mom and I had a good talk about the power of prayer......and how our prayers for them could be even more effective than finding a good counselor or better jobs for this couple. Well, 2 days later, she got a phone call stating that Kuba's Mom is withdrawing the divorce papers and is willing to reconcile with the Dad !!! God showed Himself VERY big to Symon's mom and I in regards to the power of prayer !!!
I love it when He gets so much glory.............simply from our willingness to get on our knees before Him in prayer !!!
Do you have anything in your life that you are trying to 'fix' right now? Maybe He's waiting to show Himself big to you.................once you bring it to Him in prayer!!
Don't wait............the blessing is TOO big to miss !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment