It is not often that I really long for home...........in America, but this week was a tough one to be here in Poland. We got word last week that my cousin, Curtis, was killed suddenly. My family gathered this week to say goodbye to him and comfort each other amidst all the unknowns surrounding his death.............without me.
I certainly wished I could have hopped on a plane to be there. But God reminded me in a new way how vital prayer is in this family of God. Although my finite mind was certain that it would have been ideal to physically be with my family this week, He reminded me that the support and comfort that He could provide through my support of them in prayer is MORE effective than anything I could physically offer. Prayer IS powerful.............I believe this.
And although my family has had to return to their respective homes this weekend, I pray that His divine comfort will continue to flood the hearts of my aunt and uncle. Although lives around them will seem to return back to 'normal', their lives will never be the same 'normal' again without their son, Curtis. So, I continue to support them with the unmatchable power of prayer.............even from miles away. His ways are always better than mine.


No comments:
Post a Comment