Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mom's group begins

This past year, I (Kirstin), had a mom's group that met at our home one morning a week.  Usually, there were 3 of us regulars, although we invited many others along the way.  It was a good time to encourage one another, pray for our kids, laugh, and cry together -- (we did alot of the last two !!)  One neighbor we invited regularly and who showed much interest in coming was Patrycja.  But she never came last year. Although she is really seeking spiritually, I think her average English skills really scared her too much to come to our home.  But, Patrycja CAME to our first meeting yesterday !!  We had 4 of us there -- 2 newbies !!!  Oh, I pray that she felt comfortable and will come again !!  Will you pray for her with me?  I am also planning to ask Agnieszka, the owner of our neighborhood gym to come.  She came to one Bible study meeting this past Spring, but asked if we could do one with just a small group because she didn't understand all the English.  I'm hoping this might be more comfortable for her since it's all Polish women (except me), and I ask them to discuss in Polish so they can express themselves better, whether I understand or not.  We'll see, but I'm very thankful for God's blessing on our first week !!  Can't wait to see what He has in store!

1 comment:

  1. Hey ... that's great news! How could she have felt anything but loved and welcomed?! You have that way with others and I know she felt it ... praying for your group ... and it gave me an idea to try something like that here!! Love you, Christina

    ReplyDelete